Car Repairs in Welling
For car repairs in Welling and surrounding areas contact BigM on 020 8855 3213
At BigM Car Servicing in Welling we can undertake all kinds of repairs that your vehicle may require.
BigM Car Servicing have some great deals on exhausts for most make and model of car.
Most modern exhaust systems comprise of 5 sections:
- Exhaust manifold: This collects exhaust gasses from the engine during the combustion process and funnels them through to the exhaust pipe.
- Oxygen sensor: This reacts to oxygen levels in the exhaust informing your car’s computer if it should send more or less fuel to the combustion chambers.
- Exhaust pipes: A series of pipes connecting the engine to the exhaust pipe at the rear.
- Catalytic converter: This device transforms harmful emission gases, like carbon monoxide, into carbon dioxide and water vapour.
- Silencer: A box that decreases the noise made by the internal combustion engine.
What are the Signs that I Need a New Exhaust System
There are a few signs that indicate you may need new exhaust system.
- Smelling fumes in the passenger compartment, then your exhaust system could be faulty.
- Hissing and popping noises are also a sign that your exhaust system is malfunctioning.
- A noticeable decrease in fuel efficiency.
- Loud Noises from the rear of your Vehicle.
BigM Car Servicing are battery experts and our technicians are trained to use the latest diagnostic and battery checking equipment.
With a wide range of batteries from all the leading manufacturers available, all charged and ready for fitting by our qualified experts you can rest assured that BigM Car Servicing can provide the battery that you need.
Don’t leave it until the winter months to get your battery checked as this is when cold starting, headlights, wipers, etc all place additional load on your battery making it more liable to fail especially when trying to start.
Our batteries also come with a 3 year guarantee as standard.
With a wide range of brake parts in Stock BigM Car Servicing can replace the brakes on most makes and model of vehicle. If your brakes need replacing, we should be able to do it that very day.
Regular brake checks are an important part of any vehicle preventative maintenance plan. Our Free Brake checks can often identify a problem before it begins to impact your braking efficiency. Your vehicle will also fail its MOT test if braking efficiency is below specification.
Some Signs that your brakes may need replacing:
- Warning light on the dashboard
If you think that you are having problems with your clutch just bring your vehicle along to BigM Car Servicing where one of our skilled technicians will check out the problem with no obligation for a repair. It will only take a few minutes so there is no need to book, just visit BigM Car Servicing during opening hours.
Your clutch has three main components - the clutch plate, pressure plate and flywheel. When the clutch is engaged (foot off the pedal), the springs in the clutch press these three parts together so that the engine and the transmission are connected and spinning at the same speed. When you press your foot on down on the clutch pedal, however, the springs pull the pressure plate away from the clutch plate, so that the flywheel and pressure plate spin at a different rate, allowing you to smoothly change gears.
Some Signs that your Clutch may need replacing:
- Spongy, sticking, or vibrating pedal when pressed
- Squeaking or grumbling noise when pressing the pedal
- Ability to rev the engine, but poor acceleration
- Difficulty shifting gear
- 'Slipping' clutch, causing a momentary loss of acceleration
For any of these car repairs or anything else please contact BigM Car Servicing in Welling on 020 8855 3213 or use our online contact form.